Partner with an adult immigrant or refugee learning English. Meet people from around the world while helping them build literacy skills to thrive in the United States.
Sound like something you're interested in? The Northside Open Door Learning Center is looking for a teacher for the Adult Beginning English class that meets from 1 pm to 3 pm on Thursdays.
Activities include helping students read low-literacy stories, complete worksheets, and do other literacy-related learning activities. No previous experience is necessary; training is provided. The only language requirement is the ability to read, write and speak English.
Our students are highly motivated and grateful for your help. Join us in making a difference in the community!
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours of teaching and additional prep time
- Volunteer Teacher for Evening...
- Adult Literacy Classroom...
- ESL Writing Class Teacher
- Pre-Beginning Reading Group Tutors
- GED Math Tutor
- Volunteer Teacher for Afternoon...
- ESL Story Reading Volunteer...
- Leader, ESL Conversation Class
- Pre-Beginning ESL Co-Teacher
- Volunteer Classroom Assistant...
- Burlington Program English Class...