Local Project HERO Volunteer Bicycle Ride Leaders Needed
1. Are you a cyclist looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity?
2. Do you want to help our wounded, ill and injured Veterans recover through cycling?
3. Can you change a flat tire?
4. Can you commit to leading at least one ride/week in the Kansas City area?
If you answered yes to these questions, please consider volunteering as a Project HERO Ride Leader. You can read more about it below.
Project HERO Volunteer Ride Leaders are essential team members contributing to the daily and overall success of Project HERO (PH) operations across the U.S. Our PH Ride Leaders are on the front lines of the PH program: scheduling and leading rides and assisting the Project HERO Representatives at each location. The work is very rewarding.
Requirements Local PH Volunteer Ride Leaders...
· are members of the PH team and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while participating in PH events.
· will make safety a priority in all PH activities.
· will help set up a weekly or monthly ride schedule.
· will help plan safe routes for riders that are based on the abilities of the riders, not the ride leader.
· will conduct pre-ride safety checks.
· will give the ride brief before each ride.
· will safely lead rides, obeying all rules of the road.
· will provide basic repair on the rides as needed (such as change a flat)
· with the PH Rep’s assistance, will ensure all riders are fit properly to their bikes and helmets.
· will record the # of participants, mileage, and time after each ride.
· will report to the local PH representative.
- Veteran Care
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See above