The 17th annual Making Strides Agaisnt Breast Cancer walk is looking for volunteers to help us with a variety of task on the morning of the walk. Volunteers will need to arrive at Cottonwood Mall by 6:30AM and stay until 11:30AM. All volunteers will be provided with a tshirt, coffee, and snacks.
Volunteers are needed at every phase of the event from set-up to clean up.
- Check-in: Help register participants at the event. Pre-event training is required. Training will be held on Wednesday October 19th at 6:00PM at American Cancer Society Office. 8500 Menaul Blvd NE.
- Route Marshals: Direct walkers to stay on the route.
- Water Stations: Distribute water to walkers along the route.
- Merchandise: Promote T-shirts and other promotional items at the event.
- Volunteer Check-in: Sign in and direct volunteers to their stations.
- Greeters/Cheerers: Greet walkers, and lead them to check-in. Cheer on walkers, and give them directions.
Parking: Directing participants where to park in Cottonwood Mall.
- Setup/Cleanup: May involve heavy lifting, moving, and loading. Setup will begin at 12:00PM on 10/21. Cleanup will begin at 12:00PM on 10/22
For more info on the event, please visit www.MakingStridesWalk.org/AlbuquerqueNM
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours
- Required training for check in volunteers on 10/19 at 6:00PM at the ACS Office