Family Village Issaquah (FVI) is directly meeting the needs of the community members and FVI housing residents through providing parenting classes, computer education, financial planning classes, counseling services, child care, community space, and housing.
Volunteer are needed to provide childcare for children of varying ages while their parents and/or guardians attend ESL classes to learn basic communication skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing in order to help interact more confidently in everyday situations, improve consumer skills, apply for a job, and prepare for technical or other educational programs.
The program has already begun and we are in need of volunteers on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10am-1pm.
- Provide a safe and friendly environment for children.
- Volunteer may be asked to come up with and execute child-friendly activities.
- Able to commit to minimum one shift per week for the remainder of the program
- Volunteer must have an interest in race and social justice issues.
- A passion with working with children from various ages. Energetic, creative, and ability to brainstorm easy activities to engage with the children.
- Comfortable working and interacting with people of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must possess patience and flexibility
- Volunteer must make a commitment to remain with the program until the end (December 8).
- Child Care
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- must commit for the remainder of the program