The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Greater Sacramento Area Chapter is seeking several volunteers for their annual benefit walk, Light The Night Walk, on Saturday, November 5 at Raley Field in West Sacramento. Please review and complete the following form if you are interested in volunteering - https://www.llsform.org/0530FS01/form1/index.html?1471452302752. Anyone can volunteer, but minors under the age of 16 will need a parent/guardian and they are required to complete the volunteer form, as well.
- Banner Decoration / Children's Area (4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.) - Assist in setting up/breaking down games and activities. Also, oversee the banner decoration area, keeping the area tables neat and organized. Volunteers will make sure participants have supplies needed to make banners, and assist in area breakdown.
- Candy Distribution (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) - Responsible for handing out candy to walkers along the route.
- Cheering (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) - Standing at the start/finish line and at various points along the route, these volunteers will cheer on participants, hold up fun fact signs, and help direct walkers. Good for group volunteers. We require minors under the age of 16 to be accompanied by an adult chaperone 21 years or older. 1 chaperone may oversee up to 5 volunteers.
- Cash Control/Finance (4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) - Finance volunteers who have the ability to efficiently operate a 10 key and cash handling. Volunteers will be stationed in a secure room and assist with counting the funds collected on the night of the Walk. Dinner is provided for finance volunteers.
- Children's Area (4:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Assist in setting up/breaking down games and activities and assist with face painting. Will supervise children in this area.
- Clean up/Break Down (7:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.) - Clean up services volunteers will assist in breaking down venue location. These duties will include breakdown of tables/chairs, signage, clean-up, etc. These volunteers will also help cheer walkers as they finish and/or distribute water/snacks at finish line. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Good for adult volunteers.
- Food/Refreshments (4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) - Food and Refreshment volunteers will help organize and serve refreshments to participants before and after the event. Some heavy lifting required. Volunteers at this station will assist in breaking down this area after the event. Volunteers must be able to lift 40lbs. Good for group volunteers.
- Lanterns (2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) - Help assemble lanterns
- Lantern Distribution (5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Responsible for handing out lanterns
- Patient Services (4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Patient Services volunteers will help disseminate information about LLS and collect signatures for local advocacy efforts. Volunteers will also help create Luminarias.
- Photo Booth (4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) - Photo Booth volunteers will greet participants as they approach the photo booth tent and assist staff with any needs.
- Photographer Assistant (4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) - Photography Assistant will assist photographer and staff as well as help greet participants.
- Registration (4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Registration volunteers will register walkers, accept donations, and provide important information to team captains and walkers. They will also assist in breaking down the area after the event. Great for professional, cheerful adult volunteers with customer service experience. Must be 21 years or older to volunteer in this area.
- Route Monitors (6:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.) - Route monitor volunteers will help ensure participants' safety along the route and will assist with directing walkers, navigating intersections, etc. Good for mature, adult volunteers. Must be 18 years or older to volunteer in this area.
- Set Up (1:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.) - Set up services volunteers will assist in setting up venue location. These duties will include setting out tables/chairs, signage, etc. These volunteers may also help cheer walkers as they begin at the start line. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Good for adult volunteers.
- T-Shirt Distribution (4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Volunteers will help distribute t-shirts to participants. Please keep in mind that some heavy lifting may be required. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 30 lbs .
- VIP Tent Runners (4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - VIP Tent Runner volunteers help give top fundraisers the "VIP" experience and obtain t-shirts and balloons for team members, assist with team pictures, etc. Great for professional, cheerful adult volunteers with customer service experience.
- Volunteer Check In ( 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) - Check in volunteers as they arrive, as well as distribute volunteer t-shirts. Volunteers will also direct other volunteers to their appropriate sections.
- Water Stations (4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) - Water Station volunteers will ensure the water coolers have enough water and to refill coolers with water when they're empty.
To apply, please complete the following form: https://www.llsform.org/0530FS01/form1/index.html?1471452302752
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment