Fall 2016 Career Day
Interested in supporting local students with disabilities? Look no further! We have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you. Join PROVAIL in our very first Career Day in an effort to provide resources for high-school students as they approach graduation and begin the job-seeking process.
PROVAIL is one of the state's largest private, multi-service agencies committed to meeting the needs of children, youth, and adults with disabilities. Through our Employment Program, PROVAIL provides youth and adults with services to assist in the process of finding meaningful employment within the community.
PROVAIL’s Career Day will provide a number of presentations and practical workshops that allow students to practice skills that are essential to obtaining their first job. Students will learn about proper interview dress and etiquette, practice one-on-one mock interviews, complete skill-based working assessments, and more! Career Day participants will build confidence around the interview process and gain the skills necessary to successfully transition into their first job. This unique volunteer opportunity allows you to have a direct impact on the lives of our participants as you gain experience working one-on-one with youth with disabilities.
When: Tuesday November 1 st, 2016 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
Where: Highland Community Center, 14224 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98007
Volunteer Tasks Include:
- Event set-up
- Facilitate check-in and registration of participants
- Conduct practice interviews with participants
- Be a group leader and help participants rotate from one workshop to the next
- Review resumes and provide feedback (i.e. formatting, grammar, and language)
- Provide feedback during practical skills workshop (i.e. handshakes, eye-contact, and introductions)
- Event clean-up
Interested volunteers should reach out to Amanda at email@example.com or 206.826.1060 by Friday, October 21st with any questions. To learn more about PROVAIL and other volunteer opportunities, visit www.provail.org.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Disability Sector Research Intern
- Support Brain Injury Survivors...
- Support Local Students with...
- Work with Brain Injury Survivors!
- Support People with Disabilities...
- 2016 Fall Augmentative and...
- Development and Fundraising Intern
- Build Your Fundraising Skills...
- Volunteer with PROVAIL at...
- Grant Writing and Research Intern
- Build Your Event Planning Skills...