A part-time volunteer position to increase the outreach capacity of an upcoming 501 (c) (3), tax exempt non-profit, charitable organization whose aim is to empower women. BE A ROSE’s mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
The Health Educator will be an experienced professional who will be responsible for teaching our monthly women's health workshops and educating underserved women on puberty, menstruation and menopause. They will develop a safe space within their class where women of different ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds can discuss these taboo topics. They will also be able to explain the proper use, care and disposal of various menstruation management products in the market. The Health Educator will work under the direction of the program Founder.
Some Responsibilities Will Include:
- Teach health workshops scheduled every 2nd Thursday of each month/ 9 months per year/ 1pm-3pm (be available from 12pm - 4pm to allow for set up and breakdown). Classes will be held at Health Intervention Services - 15 Andre St. SE. Grand Rapids, MI 49507. See calendar on our website.
- Cover topics of puberty, menstruation and menopause (teaching material and schedule of when topics will be covered shall be provided).
- Ensure that products are promoted appropriately.
- Be culturally sensitive to ensure that topics taught are recieved in the most positive way.
- HAVE FUN!
- Health degree or College Student in process of acquiring such degree
- Desire to be a teacher, facilitator and health promoter
- Connection with the mission and work of BE A ROSE
- Recognition of attendees that require referrals to community clinics / social services and making appropriate referrals
- Great organizational skills
- Having reliable transportation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint & Excel)
Please send RESUME to:
Subject: [Job Title]
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours / month