Conversation Companions provide older and/ or disabled adults with socialization, friendship, and a link to community resources. Volunteers visit the clients at one of our Adult Day Care Centers. Some of the ways our volunteers participate with clients are by walking with clients around the facility, attending county events, sitting with them visiting and talking, playing cards together or putting together puzzles.
Minimum of 3 to 6 months’ time commitment with weekly visits.
Location: Plant City; Bloomingdale
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- People Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 6 months
- Music Instructor
- Summer Foods Nutrition Volunteer
- Fitness Class Videographer
- Gardening Club Leader/Helper
- Yoga/fitness leader
- Arts & Crafts Volunteer
- "Blast from the Past" Dance...
- Arts and Crafts Volunteer...
- Decorations/Creative Volunteer
- Bi-lingual Volunteer/Translater...
- Coupon Club Leader
- Certified Zumba Volunteer Leader
- Wimauma Senior Center Garden...
- Fitness Leader Volunteer...
- Food Preparation Volunteer
- Conversational Spanish...
- Literacy Volunteer Leader
- Conversation Companions