Conversation Companions provide older and/ or disabled adults with socialization, friendship, and a link to community resources. Volunteers visit the clients at one of our Adult Day Care Centers. Some of the ways our volunteers participate with clients are by walking with clients around the facility, attending county events, sitting with them visiting and talking, playing cards together or putting together puzzles.
Minimum of 3 to 6 months’ time commitment with weekly visits.
Location: Plant City; Bloomingdale
- People Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 6 months
- Music Instructor
- Bands/musicians Volunteers
- Gardening Club Leader/Helper
- Arts & Crafts Volunteer
- Community Outreach Volunteers
- Bi-lingual Volunteer/Translater...
- Morning Computer Class Leader
- Office Clerical...
- Coupon Club Leader
- Certified Zumba Volunteer Leader
- Wimauma Senior Center Garden...
- Fitness Leader Volunteer...
- Conversational Spanish...
- Literacy Volunteer Leader
- Conversation Companions
- Brandon Senior Center Computer...