Conversation Companions provide older and/ or disabled adults with socialization, friendship, and a link to community resources. Volunteers visit the clients at one of our Adult Day Care Centers. Some of the ways our volunteers participate with clients are by walking with clients around the facility, attending county events, sitting with them visiting and talking, playing cards together or putting together puzzles.
Minimum of 3 to 6 months’ time commitment with weekly visits.
Location: Plant City; Bloomingdale
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- People Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 6 months
- Musical Volunteer
- Center Greeter/Receptionist
- Yoga/fitness leader
- Tech/Gadget Volunteer (Bilingual...
- Arts & Crafts Volunteer
- Arts and Crafts Volunteer...
- Bi-lingual Volunteer/Translator...
- Office Clerical...
- Coupon Club Leader
- Certified Zumba Volunteer Leader
- Wimauma Senior Center Garden...
- Fitness Leader Volunteer...
- Food Preparation Volunteer
- Hillsborough County Neighborhood...
- Special Project (Data Entry)...
- Conversational Spanish...
- Conversation Companions