Gleaning Day at The Georgia World Congress Center!
Register on our Food Bank Volunteer Hub: http://acfb.volunteerhub.com/Events/Event/Summary.aspx?EventID=3589220
Ah, there’s nothing like a good 'ole fashioned glean. This age-old method of gathering food left in the fields after a bountiful harvest has yielded critical food supplies for generations.
Join your Atlanta Community Food Bank as we put a modern twist into this ancient practice with a special Trade Show scavenger hunt! Thanks to our friends from the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS), we have an incredible opportunity to receive a very large-scale food and product donation, essentially all the remaining goods from this huge national conference.
Over 100 volunteers are needed to help:
- Collect food and product from across the Georgia World Congress Center.
- Help palletize donations and prepare for truck load-out.
- Anticipating over 100,000 lbs of food to fill 1-12 truckloads!
- Ability to lift 40 lbs, chest high
- Age 18 and older only
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Stand for prolonged periods, lift up to 40lbs