The Talking Book and Braille Library at the Oregon State Library provides reading materials to blind and print-disabled Oregonians. About 5,000 Oregonians are registered borrowers of reading materials with an average of 1,350 books processed to mail out each day.
This volunteer would support the program and staff by ensuring that the audio book cartridge is in good condition for the next reader. The volunteer will inspect the audio book cartridge; remove address cards; match the mailing container to the audio book cartridge; and match the container to the cartridge.
Skills needed to perform the task are:
- Ability to read numbers accurately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Good dexterity
- Ability to sit at a table and twist either to the right or left
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mondays from 1:30-3:30 p.m. (2 hours per week)
- We are need of someone to fill this role as soon as possible!