Various Time Slots
Children's Activities for Eleanor's Run/Walk for HOPE
Eleanor’s Walk for Hope will join together thousands of people in a celebration of the communities that make us one. By uniting on this day, it represents taking a strong stand against racial division, and a renewed commitment to bridge the gap between all people, regardless of their color. Walk with us Sunday October 9th as we continue to fight for a world of respect, justice and opportunity for all people.
There will be live entertainment, food and family friendly activities to be enjoyed by all!
Volunteers are responsible for:
- Set-up and breakdown of the children’s area
- Securing the children playing in the area
- Making sure children are playing safely
- Provide fun engaging activities for the children to participate
- Make sure parents sign liability waivers for the children that play on the bounce house equipment.
Parking may be congested, so please arrive early. Report to the Volunteer/Information Booth upon arrival.
Please dress comfortably, you may be standing for long periods of time.
After you have completed your post, feel free to stay and participate with the activities.
This is a rain or shine event.
Event Meeting Location:
Focus: HOPE's campus- Volunteer/Information Booth
1400 Oakman Blvd. Detroit, MI 48238
View Location Map
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Focus: HOPE event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0168gw3TRye
2. Click on the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the "Event Registration Code" field. Next, click the "Register for selected event" button to complete the additional registration.
Event Registration Code: w3TRye
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Help Focus: HOPE Students Find...
- Security volunteers for...
- HR Specialist Intern
- Floaters- volunteers for...
- Stage Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Driver's Responsibility Fees-...
- Student Services- Clerical...
- Basic Math Tutor
- Set-Up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Clean up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- HR-Generalist Assistant
- Marshals (walker leaders) -- for...
- Water Stop Attendant for...
- Celebrating Social...
- Entertainment crew for Eleanor's...
- Publicity/Photography/ Social...
- Secure the Children's Activity...
- Entertainment Support (Be a Band...
- Volunteer Office Assistant for...
- Parking & Barricade volunteers...