MRS is in need of dedicated volunteers to come in bi-weekly or monthly for a couple of hours to help sort and organize donations that are used for refugee resettlement. These items are housed in our warehouse and include household items. This job is more independent as the volunteers are able to decide how best to organize donations. This would be an on-going project, and volunteers would be responsible for organizing new donations that come in.
(This is also a good one-time service project opportunity for community service groups.)
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly or bi-weekly
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand
- Family mentor
- Baby/toddler room sitter
- Resettlement and Placement team...
- Cuban/Haitian program assistant
- ESL tutor
- Refugee appointment transporter
- Donations organizer
- Donation drives
- Apartment set up volunteer
- Reception assistant
- Special Needs program assistant
- Elderly program volunteer
- Grocery shopper
- Special events volunteer
- Adult English tutor
- New Horizons Youth Mentoring...