The Humane Society of Rome (HSR) is seeking a social media coordinator to help promote our mission and manage our online presence. Responsibilities include managing our existing social networking sites to help us influence our broad array of followers including: current and potential volunteers, fosters, adopters, sponsors, donors and supporters.
- Strengthen HSR online presence and engage the community on social media by producing appropriate, creative and compelling content.
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of social media messaging.
- Grow the number of HSR followers on social media platforms.
- Write clear, compelling communications and feature adoptable pets and adoption events on social media platforms.
- Work with the Fundraising Coordinator and HSR manager on specific messaging (i.e., foster needs, new adoptable pets, etc.).
- Respond to daily to social media messaging.
- A passion for helping homeless dogs and cats find their forever homes by promoting HSR online presence.
- Fluency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Fill out an volunteer registration form at: http://humanesocietyrome.com/how-can-i-help/volunteer/
- Provide two (2) personal references
- Basic Computer Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10-15 hrs/week