Hello! Welcome to Success Prep Academy!!
We are seeking volunteers to provide support during our after school programs that begin and continue ongoing after Oct 1! There are multiple programs, and you can assist with more than one!1. Mondays 3:30-5:15pm - Film Making Club
- 8th grade students will learn basic movie making production including sound and lighting. The program project is to create a group movie! Will use basic technology including iMovie and Adobe under the director of our technology teacher. Perfect for volunteers who majored in theatre, film, photography, or have movie experience. Volunteers will also provide homework help during study hall (first 30min).
2. Tuesdays 3:30-5:15pm - Still Life Art Club
- 5th-8th grade students will refine their artistic talent in still life sketching, gaining skills and preparing for careers in art. Students can also prepare portfolios for high school and college. Perfect for volunteers who majored in art or have artistic skills or training. Volunteers will also provide homework help during study hall (first 30mins).
Additional ongoing volunteer opportunities!
- Male Mentoring program (grades 3-8): Seeking male volunteer mentors who can assist with life skills (how to tie a tie, how to introduce oneself, etc), career prep, community service, group projects and academic support/homework help. Volunteers will be true male role models!
- Female Mentoring program (grades 3-8): Seeking female volunteer mentors who can assist with life skills (etiquette/decorum of a lady, etc), career prep, community service, group projects, and academic support/homework help. Volunteers will be true female role models!
- After school Care (grades K-2): 3:30-5:30pm. Seeking committed, mature adults to help launch and run an after care program as a service to famiiies. Parents would pay one low fee for the entire year and students will complete homework, play outside, work together on activities, have story time, etc.
Please send a blurb introducing yourself, why you are interested, any related experience, training or skills, which program you are interested in, and when you can begin! We look forward to speaking with you, and thanks for being awesome!
Note: All participants must be at least 18yrs of age and free of any criminal background. A quick face-to-face or phone interview + on-site orientation will proceed all sevice. All volunteers subject to SPA values as well as a preliminary background check (provided).
- Child Care
- Computer Science
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- varies depending on program
- committment, trustworthiness, professionalism