We are currently looking to add to our team of volunteer substitute Kennel Assistants. Our Kennel Assistants take care of our short-term fosters who are often also senior. The visiting fosters are treated like our own resident pups during their stay.
The Kennel Assistant duties include:
* Tidy up the kennel area, making sure it always looks great, a place that shows our pride.
* Ensure each dog has clean bedding & fresh water.
* Play with the dogs by throwing balls & toys.
* Wash breakfast/dinner bowls & set up for the next meal.
* Some 'poop scooping’.
We need several substitute Kennel Assistants who can fill in when a regular Kennel Assistant is on vacation. The need is greatest around the holidays. The shift may take a couple of hours depending on the number of short term visitors.
The morning shift runs in the 8am to 10am time-slot and the evening shift runs in the 5pm to 8pm slot.
Experience with dogs is a MUST and the volunteer should be confident and eager to handle dogs, big or small. The volunteer must be able to commit to volunteering once or twice a month.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hours per month
- Experience with dogs, large and small, is required