The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 8-10 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 4,000 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org
Reporting to Finance Director, the Finance Coordinator will report financial statuses by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts and reports. This role will drive business decisions, support operations and influence business results.
- Oversee budgets and financial spending
- Prepare and maintain financial reports and documents
- Provides information to the Board of Directors based on findings, analyses and recommendations
- Maintain accurate QuickBooks files
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal, state and local requires
- Assists with special financial projects as requested
- Basic accounting principles
- QuickBooks knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail and time management
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
MORE ABOUT TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to strengthen Seattle's spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Volunteer at KidsQuest Carnival!
- Finance Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer at Bastyr's Haunted...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Volunteer at FareStart Kitchen
- Sort Food at Food Lifeline
- Volunteer at Cathedrals XIII!
- Volunteer at artSea
- Development Coordinator
- Nonprofit Liaison