Sprouts is looking for an energetic Weekend Culinary Class Series Leader! As class leader you would have the unique opportunity to create your own class series! This is a huge opportunity to learn the behind-the-scenes in creating the classes, coordinating the logistics, managing team members, creating the promotional materials, and executing the classes! There will be so much for you to learn and many important skills to gain with this unique opportunity!
Here at Sprouts we empower youth to lead healthier lives by teaching them, hands-on, how to cook for themselves and their families! You'll play a huge role in this mission by creating your own cooking class series, executing the events, and coordinating all the logistics!
Sample Daily Schedule:
Weekdays: Emails and meetings, coordinating class series logistics (Work on your own schedule!)
Remote Fridays: Finalizing details for class, ingredient prep
Weekends: One two-hour class each weekend, plus setup and cleanup time, as well as finalizing class details including event recaps and PnLs
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with education and working with kids
- Leadership skills and confidence in the classroom
- Passion for food and cooking - Culinary experience a plus!
- Knowledge of local, organic produce
- Strong organizational skills
-Event management and coordination skills
- Driver's license and access to a car for transportation
-Weekend availability required!
Our weekend class series features seasonal, fun recipes from around the world! These classes can include torching up creme brulees, a seasonal fall cobbler, and fresh gnocchi with seasonal veggie sauce! The classes are 2 hours long and will be at Girls Inc in Oakland (a few blocks from Bart!) They feature a diverse group of kids, ages 7-11, with 12-15 kids per class!
8-month internship period
$200 monthly medical stipend beginning in January 2017
3 days paid vacation beginning January 2017
You'll receive hands on training in event coordination and execution! You'll learn how to whip up fun and exciting new recipes!
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Sprouts' Website Maintenance...
- Sprouts After School Cooking...
- Operations Volunteer for Youth...
- After School Kids' Culinary...
- Be a Chef-In-Training Ambassador!
- After School Culinary Class...
- Volunteer Camp Assistant
- Culinary and Nutrition After...
- Sprouts' Volunteer Event...
- Weekend Culinary Class Event...
- Sprouts Resprentative Intern
- Cooking and Nutrition Class...