This opportunity is for volunteers who are age 55 or better, have good listening skills and sensitivity to others' needs, and want to make a big difference in a senior's life. The Aging Clinic of the Rockies is looking for Peer Counselors, volunteers to provide one-on-one counseling to seniors in the area. This is a great opportunity to develop relationships, and make a deep commitment to service - it requires 8 weeks of training and a commitment of at least one year. No formal, professional training is required, just compassion and a willingness to learn!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Usually around 4 hours a week, for at least 1 year
- 8 weeks of training before counseling begins; each training session about 2 hours
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Love dinosaurs??
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- Are You a People Person With a...
- Male Volunteers Needed!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Make new friends while you...
- Get in shape while building a...
- Enjoy reminiscing with seniors?
- In just one hour a week, share...
- Homework Helpers needed!
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Be a companion to a local senior!
- Support a senior's independence
- Help seniors with grocery needs!
- Put Home Repair Skills To Use In...
- Want to work at a museum?
- Help with Suicide Prevention
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!