Do you love genealogy? Local history? Researching your family tree?
How about event planning? Do you love a good gathering? Food, fun, and listening to a good speaker?
The California State Library has a great opportunity for you!
Combine both of those skills sets by becoming a Genealogical Event and Outreach Assistant.
You are invited to become an integral part of the Sutro Library branch of the California State Library as you facilitate event services, including: sourcing topics or speakers, scheduling, advertising, event coordination and event cleanup.
Sample job duties:
- Contact local organizations to solicit presenters
- Maintain email lists for and locate opportunities for event announcements
- Advertise and/or public relations through creation of flyers/press releases and use of social media
- Work closely with staff to plan events
- Be present at and provide individual event support including but not limited to: arranging seats, clean-up including food and drink if applicable, setting up projectors, laptops, and other presentation tools, facilitating specific requests by presenters
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Library Sciences
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Around 6 hours per month, one year appointment