The Celebration of American Crafts is an annual sale, exhibit, and fundraiser for Creative Arts Workshop, CT's largest community arts school. Now in its 47th year, CAC showcases fine crafts from the local and New England regions, with additional fun events.
We are looking to train volunteers in a variety of roles. All Celebration volunteers will receive a 5% discount on merchandise and discounted parking in the public garage next to CAW.Sales Associate:Will learn about the products and artists to actively assist customers in selecting gifts, greet every customer, quickly checkout customers using scanned barcodes and digital cash registers, replenish inventory, and other tasks to keep the sale running smoothly. Sales Associates are required to attend a training before the sale begins.
This position requires maintaining a consistent weekly shift on Thursdays-Sundays from 10am-2pm and 2pm-6pm from November 26-December 24. Additional slots are available from December 29-30 and January 3-4.
- Outgoing personality with an interest in helping people
- Comfortable using a digital cash register
- Enjoy the sales process
- Willing to learn about the sale, the artists, and their work
- Creative approach to selling original and unique art and high-end crafts
- Previous sales experience or customer service experience a plus but not required
- Prompt and reliable
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Sales Marketing
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hours/week with a consistent shift + training
- Must become familiar with inventory and artists to speak effectively about the items for sale