The Lowell General Hospital Auxiliary Gift shop is a non-profit organization that benefits the hospital and surrounding community. We have two gifts shops, one located at each campus. The Main Campus Gift shop is the larger of the two and is run by a combination of employees and volunteers. Our volunteers are a very important part of our organization as they help maintain the day to day activities of the shop including waiting on customers, stocking shelves, cleaning and organizing merchandise, retrieving boxes from receiving and supplies from our stock room. Our shop is a very welcoming place that attracts patients, visitors and employees. We enjoy the uniqueness that each volunteer brings to our day and we are very grateful for the time each donates to the gift shop. The LGH Gift shop would not be the same without the knowledge, life experience and hard work of its volunteers!
Below are some things we are looking for in a volunteer candidate.
- Able to stand for 3-4 hours
- Able to kneel, bend, reach using step stool to help with stocking or setting displays
- Possesses excellent communication skills and enjoys speaking to and helping others
- Ideally has POS, cash register or computer competency- You will receive adequate training for any cash register use of course.
- Enjoys shopping!
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours a week, minimum of 6 months