The LGH Gift Shops are a non-profit branch of the LGH Auxiliary, a volunteer organization which serves to promote and advance the welfare of Lowell General Hospital through its’ fundraising activities.100% of the Gift Shop’s profits go to the LGH Auxiliary.
Our volunteer staff is crucial to the operation of the shop and we are excited to expand our team. Without these volunteer hours, the shop would not be able to generate the profit that is so crucial to the Auxiliary’s efforts. Gift Shop volunteers are often the first to greet patients and visitors. We set the tone for the hospital’s motto of "Patients First in Everything We Do". We have a friendly, fun enviroment at our shop where you will meet new people everyday. If you enjoy shopping yourself and helping patients and visiotrs pick out the prefect gift then we'd love to hear from you! We have the morning and daytime shifts available.
Below are some things we are looking for in a volunteer candidate.
- Able to stand for 3-4 hours
- Able to kneel, bend, reach using step stool to help with stocking or setting displays
- Possesses excellent communication skills and enjoys speaking to and helping others
- Ideally has POS, cash register or computer competency- You will recieve adequate training for any cash register use of course.
- Enjoys shopping!
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours a week, minimum of 6 months