ACS CAN Ambassador - Guam
4 people are interested
ACS CAN Guam is selecting ambassadors to assist our local and federal efforts by engaging in community organizing and advocacy.
Term: The term for a ACS CAN Ambassador is one year, renewable by mutual agreement with staff partner.
Time Commitment: This is a year-round position. The time commitment will vary from month-to-month depending on the status of local and federal legislative campaigns. Telecommuting option available.
Position Summary: An ACS CAN Ambassador is committed to serve as an organizer and advocate in the community and assist with staff and team members to implement local and federal campaigns.
Responsibilities: Working closely with your staff partner ACS CAN Ambassadors are responsible to:
- Assist ACT! Leads and the state lead ambassador with contacting members of Guam's congressional delegation and local elected officials.
- Volunteer at community events, including Relay for Life and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- Recruit additional volunteers to participate in the team’s activities and take on leadership roles as needed.
- Implement and participate in federal and local level legislative activities.
- Assist in planning and implementation of ACS CAN fund-raising activites.
- Provide testimony on ACS-CAN supported bills during the legislative session.
- Committed to the fight against cancer through effective public policy change
- Willing and capable of communicating appropriately with elected officials, other ACS volunteers, and the community
- Training provided by ACS CAN and Division staff
- Volunteer resources (government relations issue updates, talking points, etc.)
Staff & Volunteer Partners:
- Government Relations Staff Partner
- Hawaii-Pacific Grassroots Manager
- ACT! Leads
For more information: Contact Davin Aoyagi, Hawaii-Pacific Grassroots Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-432-9109.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
We'll work with your schedule.
479 West O’Brien Dr., Suite 102Hagatna, GU 96910
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, Time Commitment Varies As Needed