Passionate about impacting early education? JOIN US!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
36 people are interested
iEducate is a Houston-based non-profit focused on improving student achievement at the elementary school level through in-class mentorship. We hire current college students to work alongside teachers in 3-5th grade reading, math, and science classrooms.
We currently involve over 100 college students, serving 2,500+ elementary students across Title I schools in HISD, KIPP, Spring ISD, Aldine ISD and Alief ISD, majority of which have seen transformative gains in meets and masters passing rates. iEducate's vision is to develop a cost-effective & sustainable co-teaching model for school districts to engage youth from the surrounding community in order to close early achievement gaps and ensure underserved students develop the necessary foundation in literacy and math.
There are a few ways to jump in and get involved depending on your interests and strengths:
- As an interviewer on the interview team to place our College Readiness Mentors in local elementary schools based on their skills.
- As a member of our photography and videography team capturing and editing content of our impact in the classroom to share internally and externally.
- As a Career Mentor for our college readiness mentors (if you have been in your field for 3+ years)
- As a member of our Data Team processing the growth data from the students we serve.
- Joining our volunteer teachers with curriculum and resource building for classroom and training purposes.
If none of these opportunities of these necessarily interests you and if you have questions, we can discuss what you want to bring and where you will fit on our volunteer team.
We'll work with your schedule.
5601 West Loop SHouston, TX 77081
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Executive Admin
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, at least 2 hours/week preferred