A Health and Wellbeing Floor Ambassador Volunteer is responsible for creating a friendly, helpful, and positive atmosphere while cultivating community and motivating and supporting members with their health and Wellbeing goals. An Ambassador acts as a liaison between YMCA members and the Health and Wellbeing Department. Ambassadors need to have working knowledge of the programs offered by the YMCA and be able to convey information about the programs to others. Ambassadors must be able to answer questions about equipment on the floor and assist staff with special projects. Ambassadors need to be comfortable working at an information table to promote programs or specific events happening in the Health and Wellbeing Department.
Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population. All YMCA volunteers must have the ability to act in accordance with the Y core values of Caring, Honestly, Respect and Responsibility.
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week - Dates and Times will vary.
- Current CPR and AED Certification
- YMCA Barber To Boise
- Birthday Bag Assembly- West Branch
- Canyon County Classic Kids Run
- Towel Folding Volunteer- West...
- To miss out would be a big...
- Harrison Classic Kids Run
- Welcome Center Staff-West Branch
- Climbing Wall Volunteer-West...
- Youth Activity Center...
- Kids Night Out Volunteer- West...
- Health & Well-being Floor...
- Storyteller--Caldwell Branch
- Administrative Ambassador--New...
- Administrative Support
- Downtown YMCA Halloween Carnival
- Evening Housekeeping...
- Porter Volunteer- West Branch
- Health and Wellbeing Floor...
- Make A Splash Male Locker Room...