Community Outreach Coordinator
BE A ROSE INC
A part-time volunteer position to increase the outreach capacity of an upcoming 501 (c) (3), tax exempt non-profit, charitable organization whose aim is to empower women. BE A ROSE’s mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be an experienced professional who will be responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships within the community. They will develop sponsorship and relationships with businesses, individuals, schools and other organizations interested in supporting BE A ROSE’s general operations and program areas. The Corporate Outreach Coordinator will work under the direction of the Project Manager and the President.
Some Responsibilities Will Include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining a spreadsheet with data on all churches contacted and the outcome of communication.
- Work with BE A ROSE’s leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting individual, private, corporate, school and other organizations.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with staff to identify new potential foundation, individual, private, corporate, school and other organization partners.
- Determine potential partners relevant to BE A ROSE through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with BE A ROSE’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
- Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorships from new and continuing partners.
- Submit proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of BE A ROSE in a timely and consistent manner. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
- Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the BE A ROSE presence.
- Serve as an ambassador of the mission of BE A ROSE in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Business/development experience. Marketing experience highly desirable.
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
- Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
- Demonstrate a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishe clear expectations and continuously measure performance.
- The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
- A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donors, partners and financial information.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including - logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
- Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please send RESUME to:
Christine Mwangi - Founder, Be a Rose, Inc.
Subject: [Job Title]Volunteer Position Details:
This is a flexible part-time position with the option to work from home majority of the time.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BE A ROSE INC
6026 Kalamazoo Ave. SE #129, Mail ONLY, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, US
Healthy, strong women help communities thrive. BE A ROSE is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt, non-profit, organization founded by Christine Mwangi in 2014 with the singular purpose of empowering women. Our mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
BE A ROSE partners with organizations throughout Grand Rapids, Michigan, to provide underserved women and school-age girls education on puberty, menstrual hygiene, and menopause, as well as access to feminine hygiene products. To this end, we administer roundtable discussions, seminars, and training workshops for groups and organizations. Furthermore, we gather and organize donations of feminine hygiene products to be given freely to women and girls in need.