A part-time volunteer position to gain experience in graphic and web design with an upcoming 501 (c) (3), tax exempt non-profit, charitable organization whose aim is to empower women. BE A ROSE’s mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
The Web & Graphics Designer will be creating the layout, graphics, and other visual and verbal aspects of the organization’s work. The design products will communicate the ideas and concepts behind Be a Rose’s Mission in order to effectively inform and captivate the user and donor base. You will also play an active part in the design and the creative process involved in Be a Rose’s web marketing and branding strategies. The Web & Graphics Designer will work under the direction of the Project Manager and the User Experience Research Advisor.
Some Responsibilities Will Include (but are not limited to):
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall operation and concept of the organization in order to understand its design needs and aesthetic design principles.
- Gain insight from President and Project Manager to help you determine the idea, purpose, scope, and technical aspects of web application design projects.
- Create layouts and designs for the web and correspondence application.
- Present briefs to appropriate departments for feedback.
- Incorporate departmental and user feedback to modify and improve design projects.
- Deliver finalized products that can be easily integrated into the front end framework and that are consistent with the overall front end design guidelines.
- Interest and enthusiasm in BE A ROSE’s mission and the desire to make a difference
- Proficient in design software, including but not limited to Illustrator, InDesign, and PhotoShop
- Clear demonstration of initiative, creativity, and dedication
- Provide impactful graphic designs for the organization’s:
- Promotional material, including brochures, fliers, media communication, etc.
- Online presence, including its upcoming website, Facebook, and Twitter pages
- Implement changes or edits to these graphics when necessary
- Communicate promptly and professionally with other LIC members regarding graphic design projects
Please send RESUME:
Deadline: 5:00pm on12/31/16
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 to 10 hours per week