Social Media Content and Design Manager
BE A ROSE INC
A part-time volunteer position to gain experience in social media design and management, with an upcoming 501 (c) (3), tax exempt non-profit, charitable organization whose aim is to empower women. BE A ROSE’s mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
The Social Media Content and Design Manager will be creating the layout, graphics, and other visual and verbal aspects of the organization’s work that is communicated on Instagram and Facebook. The design products will communicate the ideas and concepts behind Be a Rose’s Mission in order to effectively inform and captivate the user and donor base. They will also play an active part in the design and the creative process involved in Be a Rose’s visual marketing and branding strategies in collaboration and under the direction of the Communications Manager. The Social Media Content and Design Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director and the Communications Manager.
Some Responsibilities Will Include (but are not limited to):
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall operation and concept of the organization in order to understand its design needs and aesthetic design principles.
- Gain insight from Executive Director and Communications Manager to help you determine the idea, purpose, scope, and technical aspects of web application design projects.
- Create layouts and designs for the web and correspondence application.
- Present briefs to appropriate departments for feedback.
- Incorporate departmental and user feedback to modify and improve design projects.
- Deliver finalized products that can be easily integrated into the front-end framework and that are consistent with the overall front-end design guidelines.
- Interest and enthusiasm in BE A ROSE’s mission and the desire to make a difference
- Proficient in design software, including but not limited to Illustrator, InDesign, and PhotoShop
- Clear demonstration of initiative, creativity, and dedication
- Provide impactful graphic designs for the organization’s:
- Promotional material, including brochures, fliers, media communication, etc.
- Online presence, including its upcoming website, Facebook, and Twitter pages
- Implement changes or edits to these graphics when necessary
- Communicate promptly and professionally with other LIC members regarding graphic design projects
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to:
About BE A ROSE INC
6026 Kalamazoo Ave. SE #129, Mail ONLY, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, US
Healthy, strong women help communities thrive. BE A ROSE is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt, non-profit, organization founded by Christine Mwangi in 2014 with the singular purpose of empowering women. Our mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
BE A ROSE partners with organizations throughout Grand Rapids, Michigan, to provide underserved women and school-age girls education on puberty, menstrual hygiene, and menopause, as well as access to feminine hygiene products. To this end, we administer roundtable discussions, seminars, and training workshops for groups and organizations. Furthermore, we gather and organize donations of feminine hygiene products to be given freely to women and girls in need.