Surfcat Cafe & Adoptions has been taking to the streets to spread the word!! We are raising money so we can build our permanent location and we could use your help. We do about 5 or 6 festival type events a year and occasional fundraisers at local pet shops. Our adoptable cats are generally not present at these events but they are a great way to outreach to the community and fundraise for our adoption center.
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
1. Attend events when scheduled
2. Assist with either set-up or tear down
3. Take pictures/vidoes for website/social media
4. Be comfortable interacting with the public, handling cash/credit card transactions for donations and sales of our donated items (surfer flannels, Hawaiian shirts, mugs, t-shirts, etc.)
5. Be an enthusiastic ambassador for Surfcat and encourage people to signup for our newsletter, get involved as a volunteer, donate, etc.
If this sounds like something you would want to do we would love to have you as part of the Surfcat team.
Meow and Mahalo
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by event
- Must be comfortable lifting boxes less than 50 lbs and setting up pop-up tents, etc.