Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles needs a volunteer who can evaluate the framed art donations that we received from generous donors.
We receive a LOT of donations of framed art! The styles, mediums, sizes and subject matter is as eclectic as it can get! For a volunteer interested in art, this will be a very interesting and fun volunteer position!
Every Thursday we need a volunteer to review the art that has come in. The volunteer will make pricing recommendations based on our pricing guidelines.
For original pieces or signed prints, the volunteer will research the artist and the piece. If appropriate, the volunteer will bring the pieces to be appraised by a professional. This process is especially interesting as you will get all the detailed information about the piece.
Requirements for this volunteer position is that you have some fine art and art history experience. You must be able to distinguish original pieces from prints and recognize high quality artistic craftsmanship.
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund. You will enhancing our ability to professionally value the generous art donations to benefit programs in Oakland for economic development, education and health in the African community.
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week, Thursdays
- Fine arts, Art History training
- Art Appraiser Needed
- Community Outreach Intern needed...
- Lead our outdoor outreach...
- Need to upgrade your outreach...
- Need Community Hours Fast?
- Help Move / Measure / Clean /...
- Social Justice in the Fresh Air!
- Interested in working outdoors?
- Wanted: Photographer-Blogger!
- Attention Groups! Fun Volunteer...
- Volunteer Coordinators Needed...