Exciting Volunteer Opportunity! Give Back to the Community!
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
Hours: 4 hours per week during our office hours, which are Monday-Friday from 10am to 5pm and Wednesday from 10-7pm.
Position starts: October 2016-January 2016 (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment)
Reports to: Jacqueline Moncada (Programs Coordinator) and Venecia Guzman (Volunteer Coordinator)
* Perform general office duties (shredding, filing, organizing documents, send emails)
* Filing and organizing folders in the computer
* Participate in outreach/donations activities
* Assistance with giving out flyers or doing TWB or TAX presentations
* Assit with tax related projects as they arise
* Punctual and Reliable
* Attention to accuracy and detail
* Strong Reading and Organizational Skills as well as verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Technologically proficient; Excel, Google, PPT, Facebook
* Spanish language is a plus
* Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
* Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
* Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
* Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services, administrative activities and programs operation.
To Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, and availability with TAX ASSISTANT VOLUNTEER as the subject line.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment