Mentor an Inner-City Grade School Student
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
You can change the world . . . for one child!
We are looking for volunteers who would like to tutor and mentor an inner-city grade school student for 2 hours per week in a structured tutoring program. Our students are in 4th-7th grade.
Volunteers would be matched with the same student each week, and work on academic weaknesses such as reading and math.
Volunteers meet at Summit to:
- Tutor for 1 hour
- Attend a brief 5-10 min. character talk with the student on a virtue like honesty, friendship, etc.
- Play sports or other fun activity (optional) for 45 min.
- Brief meeting with group leader
- Meet monthly for a few minutes with parents of student.
Days and Times:
Girls: Mon or Wed (5-7pm) or Sat (10am-12pm)
Boys: Tues or Thurs (5-7pm) or Sat (10am-12pm)
We'll work with your schedule.
Summit Educational Association2201 S. 7th Street, Rm 205Milwaukee, WI 53215
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading Comprehension
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a wekk