Classroom Tutors provide tutoring support to high school aged refugee and ELL youth during our after-school programming at Rainier Beach High School. Join our After-School Program and gain valuable experience working with refugee and ELL youth in a fun and engaging classroom environment! This is a wonderful chance to get to know newly arrived English language learners from across the globe, or to earn hours for a TEFL practicum.
- Tutor students during small group work and provide homework help.
- Monitor students’ classroom behavior and encourage a positive classroom environment.
- Participate in enrichment field trips when available.
- Provide feedback to CRB staff on student progress and/or struggles on a consistent basis.
- Abide by all of CRB’s established protocols, codes of conduct, and procedures.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sessions take place on Mondays from 4:00-5:30 PM