By teaching ESL classes, the Volunteer ESL Instructor will make an important contribution to helping newly arrived refugees adjust to life in the United States and attain employment in the San Diego area. The process of adapting can be extremely challenging, especially for refugees who have fled their country due to religious, ethnic, or political persecution. English serves as a crucial step in anchoring a person to his or her adoptive country. For this reason, the Volunteer ESL Instructor plays a significant role in assisting refugees with the resettlement process. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with a diverse class of varying learning levels and adapting to a changing classroom environment.
* Teach class at least once a week for 2 hours
* Prepare ESL class materials
* Join ESL Teachers for a monthly 1-hour meeting
* Assist with small group lessons for beginners
- Teaching / Instruction
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum requires to teach one 2hour class per week
- We need a fun emcee! Help...
- Refugee Resettlement Pathways to...
- Outreach Intern
- Immigration Outreach Volunteer
- Refugee Resettlement Cultural...
- Refugee Resettlement Grants Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Welcoming...
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
- Refugee Resettlement Housing...
- Refugee Resettlement Admin Intern
- Event Coordinator Intern- Child...
- Social Media Intern-...