Overview of Volunteer Activities:
- Angel Tree:
- With the holiday season approaching we will be taking registrations for our Angel Tree Program where families who cannot afford to provide Christmas to their children register for gifts. This volunteer opportunity would allow you to work directly with the staff and our clients in the community. The dates of registration are October 3rd-October 6 th from 8:15-5pm shifts are distributed in 4 hour increments.
- Adopt an angel from our Angel Tree Program and donate Christmas gifts to a child in need.
- Assist in the logistics of the Angel Tree Program inventory at our warehouse by sorting, organizing and distributing toys to families throughout the month of December.
- Red Kettle - Bell Ringing:
- Assist in ringing bells during Christmas. We have locations throughout the Triad, Monday-Saturday, beginning November 25 th. Shifts are distributed in 4 hour increments.
- Give a Kid a Coat Program and donate friends/family’s old coats to those in need. Begins in January with more details forthcoming.
- Volunteer to serve our residents at the Center of Hope (groups 3-4 people), we need at least a 2week advance notice.
- Food, Clothing, Basic Necessities:
- Prepare a bag of nonperishable groceries and donate them to our Center of Hope.
- Volunteer at one of our Family Stores to assist in sorting and stocking inventory.
- Create 'care packages' - large zip lock bags full of toiletries, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, combs, and the like and we distribute them to both the homeless and our Center of Hope residents.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Various shifts available to accommodate volunteers
- *Some extended volunteer opportunities require background screens.