Social Media Manager
Gemma’s Angels is looking for a volunteer to develop our online social media and web presence in order to increase our presence and work in the region to a wider public. The Social Media Manager will help us to investigate future opportunities and emerging social media technologies which may provide opportunities for us to raise our profile. They will also help to produce our members e-newsletter.
Social Media Manager Job description
The Social Media Manager position plans and executes our social media presence on the web. This is a non-paid, volunteer position which entails an average of five (5) hours per week.
This position can be shared by two volunteers working in tandem.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting marketing for Gemma’s Angels.
- Assists in planning and execution of events both online and in real time.
- Utilizes online Google forms and other online software, all the current social media tools including Hootsuite.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Management or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in social media technology is preferred.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the organization based on precedence, policy, and procedure.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in and facilitate a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, social media tools, Hootsuite and Google forms. We will teach appropriate systems if necessary.
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.
- All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market-...
- Coordinator, Holiday Special...
- Reverse Food Truck - Volunteers...
- Produce Auction Night--Great Fun!
- Coordinator, Walk for the Homeless
- Manager, Community Outreach
- Event Tabling--Sounds Boring,...
- Manager, Social Media
- Coordinator, All Kids Farmer's...
- Walkers & Teams, Walk for the...
- Free HersheyPark Tickets To...
- Co-Chairs, Mobile Market...