Are you interested in media and public relations? As AsylumConnect's Media Relations Manager you will help to oversee our media strategy. In this role, you will work to cultivate and manage collaborative relationships with relevant media reps. You will write press releases, research and write briefing materials, and assemble press kits. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape AsylumConnect's image in the media and to help us continue to raise much-needed awareness for our cause.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Marketing and Publicity.
- Identify and reach out to relevant media outlets to help spread the word about AsylumConnect and the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Build and cultivate collaborative relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Compose and edit press releases, organizational literature, and articles for internal and external use.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Assemble press kits.
- Ensure AsylumConnect protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner across all platforms.
- Complete other publicity-related tasks as assigned by the AC Director of Marketing and Publicity.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): media, journalism, public relations, capacity building, project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in research and project management.
- Bonus(es): Experience writing press releases, creating press kits and/or building and managing relationships with media representatives.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment