Holiday Special Events Coordinator Job description
The Special Events Coordinator position plans and executes holiday parties for five homeless shelters in the Harrisburg, PA area involving over 100 children and adults. This is a non-paid, volunteer position resulting in memories that will last a lifetime. The job entails five (5) hours per week prior to the Christmas holiday and more hours as the events occur.
The Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, directing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program to provide a workforce through the use of corporate, community and individual volunteers.
This position can be shared by two volunteers handling separate functions/parties at different facilities.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting all holiday special events for Gemma’s Angels.
- Assists in planning, ordering items for, and execution of events.
- Utilizes online Google forms and other online software to ensure proper data entry and information collection on donors and children’s gift lists for parties.
- Facilitates meetings with shelter staff to ensure smooth event execution
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent .
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Management or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in promotions or events is preferred.
- Ability to apply special events knowledge and experience in day-to-work scenarios.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the organization based on precedence, policy, and procedure.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Must be able to work in and facilitate a team environment.
- Child Welfare
- Event Design & Planning
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.
- All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market-...
- Coordinator, Holiday Special...
- Produce Auction Night--Great Fun!
- Make Homeless Kids Holidays...
- Walk for the Homeless: We Need...
- Manager, Community Outreach
- Event Tabling--Sounds Boring,...
- Manager, Social Media
- Coordinator, All Kids Farmer's...
- Free HersheyPark Tickets To...
- Co-Chairs, Mobile Market...