The County of Los Angeles has more than 32,000 youth in the foster care system. That's not a typo. Los Angeles has more foster youth than the next highest STATE population, NY.
50% of foster youth will be homeless, incarcerated, and/or institutionalized upon leaving the foster care system.
42% of foster youth will not graduate high school
Only 3% of Foster Youth go to college.
Because they are changing plaements so often, Foster youth can attend anywhere from 7-20 schools while in care.
80% of Death Row inmates have been in foster care.
YOU CAN HELP!!!
The Development Board Chair will oversee the development and implementation of The Academy Project's fundraising and development plans. The Development Chair works year-round to form and maintain relationships with various organizations and businesses within our communities. The goal of The Development Chair is to raise funds and create streams of ongoing support to sustain TAP’s various programs, services and expenses. Along with a team of volunteers, The Development Chair will...
1. Oversee the development and implementation of TAP's development plan
2. Help develop partnerships and sponsorships with business, corporations, and private donors.
3. Be on the inaugural board of a new and visionary organization.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Desire to support an organization just gettin goff the ground that will help foster youth thrive