Be a valued part of the hospice team and make a difference! We're looking for caring, compassionate people to make friendly visits to hospice patients in their homes or long-term health care facilities, and provide companionship and support to the patient and their families. It's simpler than you think. If you've ever visited an ailing friend or family member, you can do this.
Hospice is about living the best life possible. No matter what your skills, talents or motivation, we have the opportunity for you to help.What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility, patience
- Maturity, self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity, sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 16-years-old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
There are no restrictions in regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your busy schedule.
Kindred Hospice cares for patients all over the local area. Volunteers can choose where, when and how they give their time!
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum time commitment.
- Monthly volunteer fellowship/training. No more than 1.5 hours per month.