Be a valued part of our hospice team and make a difference! Provide administrative/clerical support including filing, answering phones, mailings, etc. Supported by office staff.
No matter what your skills, talents or motivation, we have the opportunity for you to help.What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility, patience
- Maturity, self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity, sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 16-years-old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your busy schedule.
Kindred Hospice cares for patients all over the local area. Volunteers can choose where, when and how they give their time!
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- M-F 8:00-5:00 (no minimum # of hours; flexible)
- Regular volunteer fellowships/training (no more than 1 hr./month)