Soccer Without Borders uses soccer as a vehicle of change to help refugee, immigrant, and asylee students overcome obstacles to growth, inclusion, and personal success. We provide year-round soccer programming, combined with English language support, academic enrichment, and mentorship opportunities to our students and their families. We serve middle school and high school youth from a diverse range of countries including the Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Syria, Iraq, Honduras, El Salvador, and Nepal.
We would love to have you join our after team!
- Are you passionate about soccer, and want a chance to get out on the field with a group of equally passionate youth? Join us as an assistant soccer coach! Choose a weekday that works with your schedule, and join our coaching team! Hours: 2:30 - 5:00PM
- Are you passionate about helping newcomers learn English and life skills? Volunteer with our SWB Club, Thursday and Friday mornings! Hours: 7:00 - 9:00AM
- Are you interested in working one-on-one with a newcomer and their family? Volunteer to be a Family Mentor, and help our participants and their families adjust to their new community! Hours: flexible; Commitment: 9 months (2 hrs/wk)
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week (4-9 months)