Hoja Nueva is a WA nonprofit with scientists and students working in Las Piedras, Peru to achieve a coexistence between humans and nature.
- Our zero-impact research center in the lowland Amazon rainforest provides tropical conservation and agroforestry education in a world threatened by rampant deforestation and climate change
- Our cocoa cooperative supports remote Peruvian communities and wildlife by sustainably growing cocoa, producing aromatic beans to meet the high demand for fine chocolates globally, and re-investing profits to protect farmers and frontier rainforests.
We have several ongoing responsibilities for interns that specialize in marketing, communications, fundraising, blogging, design, and social media. These interns keep our organization going - creating a world in which humans and nature can thrive!
Marketing & Fundraising - help us to put on a small fundraiser in May and June, and a large one next Spring! Tasks mainly relate to finding sponsors to provide a space, food, and beverage for the events, as well as finding donors. We like to make our fundraisers persnalized with donor "menus" and packages that are new and exciting each year
Website / SEO creation -- getting traffic to our website!
Social Media - our facebook page has over 2,500 followers, our instagram only several hundred. You could be the one to get people involved and listening to our message! Research post content, check it with a supervisor, and create interesting, informative posts on our pages to increase our following and raise awareness.
Communications - reach out to potential sponsors, donors, partners and collaborators that you think could help further the mission of Hoja Nueva. Help us find interns, volunteers and tourists worldwide to visit our eco-center!
Blogging - we are looking for a blogger for hojanueva.org !! Super exciting position giving you behind-the-scenes access to all of our events.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 10 hours per week