Home Inspector - Canyon County
6 people are interested
Seeking Home Inspector Volunteers
Jesse Tree prevents eviction and homelessness for families in Idaho’s Treasure Valley by providing timely financial assistance, landlord mediation, case management, and connections to a comprehensive array of community services and resources during a household’s most critical time of need. Since 2001, Jesse Tree has prevented over 3,000 households and 8,000 individuals from falling into homelessness, administering over $2.5 million in rental assistance. With the rising cost of living and stagnating wages, thousands of households in Ada and Canyon Counties are being evicted each year, and the need for prevention is only increasing - we are recruiting volunteers to help fill that need.
Jesse Tree is seeking volunteers to conduct home inspections in Ada and Canyon Counties, to make sure our clients’ homes are safe and habitable. We are required to conduct home inspections due to funding requirements, and the inspections help ensure we are keeping our clients housed in a sustainable situation.Responsibilities
- Respond to our requests for housing inspections, call clients, and make appointments to visit their homes
- Complete home inspections using the HUD form and determine if home passes the inspection
- Make any recommendations for needed repairs, and complete follow up visit once repairs are complete
- Call in the results of the home inspection to the Program Manager by the next business day after the inspection is completed
- Complete paperwork and submit to the office
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Hours are flexible and can be completed from your home, at whatever time commitment you are willing to make. Each home inspection takes up to two hours.
- Be a friendly problem-solver
- Must have a current driver’s license and transportation
- Remain committed to keeping our clients’ information confidential
- You will be required to attend a Volunteer Orientation, shadow a current Home Inspector, and staff will provide you with the support you need throughout your time with us
- 18 years and older
- Dress code is business casual
To apply, submit your resume and note of interest to our Program Manager, Rachel Lara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesse Tree is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status.
We'll work with your schedule.
Canyon CountyNampa, ID 83651
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training