The Development & Operations Intern will gain immersive experience in the operations, fundraising and administrative aspects of a successful education non-profit. Responsibilities will include assisting in the day-to-day operations of the organization with regards to communications, database management, finances, logistics and technology. The Development & Operations Intern will be supervised by the Director of Advancement and Director of Operations and also work with the Executive Director.
- Assist with the planning and management of our major annual events, which take place in December, April, and August; tasks include vendor management, communication with guests and hosts, and taking a lead role in creating printed materials
- Produce gift acknowledgements and communicate with donor network
- Help create communications, including the Breakthrough Bulletin Newsletter and press releases
- Initiate partnerships with local businesses for event support and in-kind donations
- Work to update and maintain the Breakthrough Greater Boston website
- Help plan site visits for donors and funders
- Host information tours for site visitors
- Gain experience utilizing and updating our fundraising database (e-Tapestry)
- Research prospective grants and foundations
- Process donations and invoices.
- Organize and maintain storage files so that they are easily accessible.
- Review, revise, improve and document processes.
- Assist program team in planning for the school year program logistics, including transportation, facility permits, and technology needs.
- Inventory office supplies and place orders for program and office needs.
- Inventory, organize, and maintain storage areas
- Organize shared files, allowing for accessibility of documents across sites.
- Assist in development of storage and database of media files.
Please note that these are specific responsibilities. Your job may include a number of other tasks as well, as Breakthrough programs thrive on flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to pitch in!
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in all work with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communicator (both oral and written) with positive attitude.
- Self-starter with leadership skills who is comfortable taking initiative on projects.
- Organized individual who is able to manage both short-term and long-term projects.
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience, required. Adobe CS, desirable. Database (e-Tapestry), a bonus.
The two Breakthrough Greater Boston campuses are located at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School and TechBoston Academy in Dorchester (both accessible by public transportation). At each campus, the Development & Operations Intern workspace is located in a busy, open office area with the permanent staff. A minimum of 8 hours per week is preferred. The Spring internship begins in Feburary and ends in June. A full school year internship is available if desired. Summer internships are also available.
The Development & Operations Intern is an unpaid position.
- Direct hands-on experience in non-profit management and educational programming with a national leader in out of school programming and teacher training.
- Professional development coaching and opportunities based on individual interest.
- Experience participating in Breakthrough Greater Boston program presentations and events.
- Vacation days include all major holidays.
- Collegial, flexible work environment.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in Breakthrough Greater Boston and relevant skills/experiences to Michael Chan (email@example.com) subject line "Development & Operations Intern".
For more information, visit www.breakthroughgreaterboston.org
Candidates for employment and employees are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, citizenship, military status, gender identity, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Thank you for your interest in Breakthrough Greater Boston!
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment