BTGB is looking to hire four Program Interns-two for our Boston campus and two for our Cambridge campus. Program Interns will gain immersive programming experience at a successful nonprofit. At each campus, Program Interns will be supervised by the Director of Student Services and Director of Curriculum and Instruction. Program Interns with a strong interest in BTGB’s high school programming will be supervised by the High School Program Manager and Senior Director of High School Programs.
Depending on the number of interns hired for the semester and each intern’s areas of interest, responsibilities will include some combination of the following:
- Support Breakthroughstudents and teachers during the 7th and 8th grade After School Program
- Support Breakthrough students during the 9th and 10th grade Study Hall Program
- Assist with data analysis and the development of a resource database for the 11th and 12th grade College Access Program
- Research resources for a summer and school year extracurricular guide for high school students
- Assist in conducting advocacy work on behalf of Breakthrough students
- Serve as a liaison between the Breakthroughprogram and families
- Assist in outreach efforts to local schools, universities, and businesses
- Gain experience in human resources through assisting in recruitment and training of teachers
- Manage and analyze student data using BTGB’s Salesforce database
- Provide support for student and teacher recruitment
- Provide support for student and teacher admissions
Please note that these are specific responsibilities. Your job may include a number of other tasks as well, as Breakthrough programs thrive on flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to pitch in!
- Strong work ethic; must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in all work; attention to detail
- Strong communicator (both oral and written) with a positive attitude
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative on projects; leadership skills
- Organized individual who is able to manage both short-term and long-term projects
- MS Word and Excel experience required
- Passion for and commitment to urban education a plus
The two Breakthrough Greater Boston campuses are located at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School and TechBoston Academy in Dorchester (both accessible by public transportation). At each campus, the Program Intern workspace is located in a busy, open office area with the permanent staff. A minimum of 8 hours per week is preferred. The Spring internship spring begins in Feburary and ends in June. A full school year internship is available if desired. Summer internships are also available.
The Program Intern is an unpaid position.
- ·Direct hands-on experience in nonprofit management and educational programming with a national leader in out-of-school programming and teacher training
- ·Professional development coaching and opportunities based on individual interest
- ·Experience participating in Breakthrough Greater Boston program presentations and events
- ·Collegial, flexible work environment
- Vacation days include all major holidays
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in Breakthrough Greater Boston and relevant skills/experience to Michael Chan (email@example.com) with the subject line "Program Intern." Please make sure to indicate whether you are interested in working at the Boston campus, the Cambridge campus, or either.
For more information, please visit www.breakthroughgreaterboston.org.
- Resource Development / Management
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment