What is Sit, Stay, Love?
This program is designed for K-2 nd Grade and is open to all San Francisco Schools. Our mission for this program is to instill kindness and compassion to all living things through the miracle of reading. The books we are using have been carefully chosen based on their humane-theme towards animals.
Sit, Stay, Love is based around 5 visits (each 30 minutes long) with each class that signs up for the program. Each volunteer will book 5 visits with each class on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
Who are we looking for?
Individuals who are:
- Passionate about children, animals, and education
- Driven, independent, and are comfortable setting their own schedule directly with teachers
- Able to get to school sites on their own
- 18 years and older
- Must have access to a computer and email
What are the requirements?
- Must be willing to get finger-printed at your own cost.
- Must attend our Sit, Stay, Love training - Email us for current training date!
- Must be willing to have 2 school visits per month.
- Must be willing to volunteer for a minimum of 3 months.
- Must have access to email in order to self-schedule with San Francisco teachers.
What does the SFSPCA provide?
- All 5 books used in the program
- Sit, Stay, Love Volunteer T-shirt
- Sit, Stay, Love Training (this training is part of a nation-wide reading-program called Red Rover Readers. For more information on Red Rover Readers you can look here: https://redrover.org/program/redrover-readers)
- When teachers are interested in a Sit, Stay, Love program, we will forward their contact information to you in order for you to set up a schedule with them directly
- Staff support if you have any questions, concerns, or issues with any teachers or classrooms
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Relations
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least a 3 month Commitment