15 people are interested
Historian (Part-Time Volunteer Pro-Bono)
15 people are interested
Organization: Greater Washington Women’s Network, GWWN ( an affiliate of the National Association for Female Executives until it reorganized 2020), a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. Read more about the organization below.
A Historian is needed to research, analyze, interpret, and present the past of GWWN by studying a variety of historical documents and sources. The information will be used to publish on our web site, social media, preserve our history to use for other sources for education and research. U.S. citizenship is required.
- Gather historical data from various sources, including archives, books, and artifacts
- Analyze and interpret historical information to determine its authenticity and significance
- Trace historical developments in a particular field
- Prepare documents for website for branding and showcasing our powerful history.
- Engage with the public through educational programs and presentations
- Archive or preserve materials and artifacts in museums, visitor centers, and historic sites
- Provide advice or guidance on historical topics and preservation issues
- Write reports, articles, and findings.
- Showcase your skills and expertise
- Excellent career investment: groomed for next career development level
- Strengthen and enhance your skills
- Build your network
- Flexibility in working from home, no office site to report; however, some face-to-face meetings are required
- Gain visibility and creditable in your professional
- Priceless-sharing your talents and skills to make an impact and difference in other lives.
- Meet new people and networking with dynamic women and business professionals
- Keep current with new technologies
GWWN promote and advance professional and business women through education, networking, community service, resources and youth development. GWWN is an organization to Learn-Share-Grow to develop your greatest potentials. It is operated by members and volunteers. There is not a salary staff. www.gwwn.org
Please send a resume and 2 references to
About GREATER WASHINGTON WOMENS NETWORK INC
PO BOX 65532, WASHINGTON, DC 20035, US
Our mission is to work for the overall advancement and promotion of business and professional women through education, community services networking, and youth development.
We are a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization. All of our work is volunteer services. We do not have any paid salaries. We have a passion for helping others. We recognize women for outstanding service in the organization and community.
1. Networking Advantages and Opportunities: Perform community service.
2. Achieve your greatest potential. Identify and perfect your talents and skills. Interact with women from all walks of life and industries. Link to great resources and information, and raise community awareness. Showcase talents and skills.
3. Reach out and help others. Sharpen your skills, and learn new skills while having fun. Choose an education, community service, networking, or youth development project that will inspire you.
4. Become a mentor or mentee.
5. Internships. Earn academic and community service credit, and gain work experience (unpaid internships). Establish relationships.
PO BoxWashington, DC 20035
July 13, 2021
- Exhibition Arts
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Year Commitment - Virtual Hours
- U.S. Citizen, Resume, 3 References, Interview, Interpersonal Skills, Meet Deadlines, Organized