The Development Assistant at B:E will further the mission of B:E by providing excellent and energetic fundraising support for B:E’s programs and services. The Development Assistant is responsible for administrative operations of the development department, including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgement, and donor database management. This position reports to the Director of Development. This volunteer position is a part-time position, with the following accountabilities:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Answer donor questions regarding tax credit programs.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Part-time, 8 to 20 hours