We're looking for volunteers who can provide vigil and/or caregiver relief for hospice patients and their family.
Dying is a lonely experience. So being a vigil volunteer means sitting at the bedside of a patient who is nearing their end. It would mean the world to a dying patient, especially to someone who doesn't have any family or friends, to have someone be with them in their final days.
Caregiver relief volunteers provide a few hours a day or a week to give the caregiver of a hospice patient some time off. It allows the caregiver, in many cases the spouse, time to recharge and relief from the heavy and demanding role of providing care for their end-of-life loved one.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Special Projects Volunteer:...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer
- Translator Volunteer for Hospice
- Reiki Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Music Volunteer for Hospice...
- Veterans To Help Honor Veterans
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Birthday Greeter
- Volunteers for Hospice Patients...
- Vigil and Caregiver Relief...
- Volunteer for Hospice Patients