Do you know someone with diabetes? Lend a helping hand to raise awareness and support diabetes education classes in our community.
The inaugural Focus on the Family Diabetes Fun Walk presents an occasion for people living with diabetes, caregivers, family members, friends, coworkers, the medical community, and general public to celebrate life and support the mission of the Georgia Diabetes Coalition and its callaborating partners.
Volunteer opportunity include engaging in varying activities:
- Marketing / Publicity: Prior to walk, reach out to individuals and organizations with event information, flyers and press release via email and phone.
- Program: Prior to the walk, work with team members on putting together the program. May have toconduct phone calls and/or send out emails to contacts.
- Goodie Bags: Prior to the walk, meet at an agreed-upon time to assemble goodie bags for participants.
- Setup: Assist with setting up tables, chairs, and any other materials on the day of the walk. (TBA)
- Check-In / Registration: Check attendees in at registration table. Distribute goodie bags and t-shirts.
- Welcome / Cheer Ambassadors: Greet attendees as they enter the park. Direct attendees to the registration table. Give out water. Encourage & cheer-on walkers. Be aware of any walkers in distress to refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Sponsors: Greet event sponsors. Direct sponsors to their appropriate display area.
- Cleanup: Cleaning up walk area, breaking down tables, chairs and any other materials on the day of the walk.
*Submit your volunteer registration form to Noni Walker, Walk Coordinator, at nwalker@GDCToday.org
- Social Media / Blogging
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 Hours
- Must complete a volunteer registration form.