Femergy is seeking a Social Media Director (Volunteer) to assist in the development of our brand awareness online and maintenance of social media accounts. The volunteer will report directly to the President and work closely with other directors, board members, volunteer s, and volunteers.
This position is responsible for increasing our brand awareness online, driving online traffic to our website, and maintaining all social networking accounts.
● Utilize blogging, social networking, and website to raise our web presence
● Maintain all social media accounts and create any new accounts for Femergy
● Respond to the messages on social media accounts
● Promote Femergy’s programs through social media
● Contribute to the website redesign with the Graphic Design Specialist Volunteer
● Excellent written communication skills
● Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
● Understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and blogging
● Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop is not required by is a plus.
● Solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices
● Fearless attitude towards technology and willingness to learn
ELIGIBILITY: This is very flexible and we work with your schedule! We require that you bring your own laptop/computer to complete the assigned projects and tasks. Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities and women. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment. This postition will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, education, community relations, and audience development.
- Program Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are very flexible 3-10 hours per week!
- Be available some Saturdays anytime during these hours (11am-3pm)